Houston Car Accident Attorney – What You Need To Know When In A Car Wreck
Big Rig Bull Texas Truck Accident Lawyer Reshard Alexander helps personal injury victims receive the care and compensation they deserve. Call today: (713) 766.3322 today!
Victims of a car accident suffer immense physical, financial, and emotional loss. According to Texas law, a victim of a motor vehicle accident receives compensation for the losses, damages, or injuries suffered in the crash. Texas car accident attorneys believe that citizens should be aware of their rights in case they become a victim of a car crash.
Negligence and Car Accidents – Houston Car Accident Attorney
In order to claim compensation for the injuries suffered in a car accident, the victim needs to prove that the crash was a result of the driver’s negligence. The victim needs to prove the following:
- The driver who caused the crash had the legal duty and responsibility not to cause you injury, but he failed to live up to the responsibility.
- The failure of the other driver to live up to his legal duty caused your injury.
- The victim suffered financial loss or damages as a result of the car accident.
Compensation – Houston Car Accident Attorney
The victim of a car crash can claim damages along the following lines:
- Replacement or repair of the vehicle or any other property that was destroyed or damaged in the car accident. It includes personal belongings such as your mobile phone that were kept inside your car.
- Cost of treatment that includes past, present, and future medical bills.
- Out of pocket expenses or costs incurred because of the car accident. These expenses include storage and towing fees.
- Cost of hiring domestic help for household chores such as cooking, cleaning, childcare, shopping, etc.
- Emotional distress damages caused by the car accident.
- Disfigurement and permanent disability damages caused by the car crash.
- Loss of future earning capacity because of injuries suffered in the crash can also be claimed.
- Loss of income caused by the inability to go to work because of injuries suffered in the car accident. Houston car accident attorneys inform us that the wage loss due to time missed from work because of time spent on physical therapy, doctor visits, or court appearances can also be claimed.
Deadline for Filing a Claim – Houston Car Accident Attorney
Many victims of car accidents do not know that Texas law gives them a two year limit for filing a claim against the driver at fault. However, it is advisable that the claim is filed as soon as possible because a delay will only jeopardize your ability to prove negligence and get the rightful claims. In case the victim fails to get compensation through a voluntary settlement, it is in their best interest to hire an attorney and file a civil suit.
Texas Tort Liability System – Houston Car Accident Attorney
According to the Texas tort liability system, a party will be determined to be “at fault” or cause of the accident and that party becomes legally responsible for all the damages caused by the car accident. The damages will then be processed through the driver’s auto insurance company.
Attorneys can do several things for accident victims:
- Your insurance company will try to settle your case for the lowest possible amount. An experienced attorney understands the true value of your injury claim and can advise you on whether to settle or whether to fight for all the compensation you deserve.
- The insurance company will try to settle your case early before all of your expenses are known. An experienced personal injury attorney, like Big Rig Bull Reshard Alexander, understands that serious injuries can have consequences long after the initial accident. A lawyer who works for you — and you alone — will advise you not to settle too soon.
- The insurance company has its own lawyers working to limit your financial recovery and even to find loopholes so they do not need to pay you at all. Your attorney is your own legal advocate dedicated to protecting your interests. Having your own lawyer levels the playing field. Even attorneys who do not practice personal injury law usually retain a skilled personal injury attorney to represent them or their family members if they are injured.
It is best to consult an experienced Houston car accident lawyer to get help in seeking the claim. Call Houston car accident attorney Reshard Alexander at (713) 766.3322 to request a free case evaluation.
Contact Big Rig Bull Texas Truck Accident Lawyer Reshard Alexander now for a free appointment at 713.766.3322 or 800.688.7551.
Texas Practice Areas
Houston Wrongful Death Lawyer
Houston Auto Accident Lawyer
Houston Work Accident Lawyer
Houston Dog Bite Lawyer
Houston Truck Accident Lawyer Resources
Texas CDL Manual
Free Texas Car Accident Book
Frequently Asked Questions
Texas Accident & Injury Infographics
Houston Traffic Accident Map
Type of Injury
Traumatic Brain Injury
Texas Cause of Injury
Driver Drug Use
Lack of Inspection
Poor Planned Route
Texting While Driving
Tire Blow Out
Tow Hitch Defect
Houston Type of Accident Truck Lawyer Links
Rear End Collision
Wide Turn Wreck
Houston Truck Accident Insurance Companies
1st Guard Corporation
Auto Owners Insurance Co.
BBT Insurance Services
Canal Insurance Company
Carolina Casualty Insurance Co.
Century Insurance Group
Continental Western Group
Eastern Atlantic Insurance Co.
Essex Insurance Company
Farmers Truck Insurance Exchange
Fireman’s Fund Insurance Co.
Gateway Insurance Co.
Great American Insurance Group
Great West Casualty Co.
Hallmark Insurance Co.
Hanover Insurance Group
Hudson Insurance Group
Interstate Insurance Management
Johnson and Johnson
Lancer Insurance Company
Mercury Insurance Group
National American Insurance Co.
National Interstate Insurance Co.
National Truck Underwriting Mgrs.
Sagamore Insurance Co.
Scottsdale Insurance Co.
State National Insurance Co.
Stratford Insurance Co.
Sutter Insurance Company
Swett and Crawford
U.S. Specialty Insurance Co.
Wilshire Insurance Company
Texas Motor Carrier Companies
AAA Cooper Transportation
A. Duie Pyle
All Star Transportation
Anderson Trucking Service
Bedford Freight Lines
Capitol Express & Warehousing
Continental Western Group
Dayton Freight Lines
Dependable Distribution Centers
Dunavant Global Logistics Group
Estes Express Lines
Evans Distribution Systems
Hazmat Environmental Group
Inland Star Distribution Systems
Jack Cooper Transport
Landstar Ranger Agent
R & L Carriers
Saturn Freight Systems
Southeastern Freight Lines
Speed Global Services
US Xpress Enterprises
Universal Truckload Services
United Road Services
Van G Logistics
Types of Truck
Houston Truck Accident Lawyer
Houston Car Accident Lawyer
Houston Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Houston Bicycle Accident Lawyer
Houston Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
Links to Car Insurance Companies in Texas
ACCC Insurance Company
Alinsco Insurance Company
Allstate County Mutual Insurance Company
American Access Casualty Company
Amica Mutual Insurance Company
Auto Club County Mutual Insurance Company
CEM Insurance Company
Elephant Insurance Company
Esurance Insurance Company
Farmers Texas County Mutual Insurance Company
Foremost County Mutual Insurance Company
Geico County Mutual Insurance Company
Germania Select Insurance Company
Home State County Mutual Insurance Company
Infinity County Mutual Insurance Company
Liberty County Mutual Insurance Company
Loya Insurance Company
Metropolitan Lloyds Insurance Company of Texas
MGA Insurance Company, Inc.
Progressive County Mutual Insurance Company
Redpoint County Mutual Insurance Company
Southern County Mutual Insurance Company
State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company
Texas Farm Bureau Casualty Insurance Company
United Services Automobile Association
Old American County Mutual Fire Insurance Company
Types of Car
Plug In Hybrid
Sports Utility Vehicle
Houston Car Accident Lawyer – Lawsuit Resources
Chose Correct Venue
Contingency Fee Arrangement
Defense Appeals Jury Verdict
Documenting a Car Accident
Importance of Credibility
Obtaining a Police Report
Obtaining Medical Records
CR-2 Police Report
Protect Your Financial Interest
Protect Your Rights
Proving Alcohol Intoxication
Role of a Jury
Stranded on the Highway
Traffic Control Device
Houston Car Accident Lawyer – Injury Resources
Ankle Injury From Car Accident
Annular Disc Tear
Anosmia from Automobile Accident
Arthritis After Car Accident
Brain Injury from Car Accident
Brain Injury in Child
Brain Hermorrhage Injury
Broken Arm Accident
Broken Bones in Car Accident
Broken Femur Car Accident
Broken Nose in Car Accident
Broken Rib from Car Accident
Burn Victim Car Accident
Car Accident Back Injury
Car Accident Eye Injury
Car Accident Head Injury
Car Accident Nerve Damage
Car Accident Paralysis
Car Accident Spine Injury
Car Accident Wrist Injury
Cervical Spine Injury
Chronic Neck Injury After Car Accident
Chronic Pain After Accident
Collarbone Pain After Car Accident
Complex Regional Pain Syndrome After Car Accident
Connective Tissue Injury
Crush Injury Car Accident
Delayed Pain After Car Accident
Emotional Pain and Suffering
Face Injury Accident
Foot Injury Car Accident
Headache after Car Accident
Heart Damage after Car Accident
Herniated Disc Car Accident
Impact Fracture Car Accident
Internal Bleeding Due to Car Accident
Internal Injuries from Car Accident
Joint Injury Car Accident
Leg Injury from Car Accident
Mental Distress During Accident
Spinal Fracture Car Accident
Neck Fusion from Car Accident
Neck Injury after Car Accident
Pain and Suffering Car Accident
Permanent Injury Car Accident
Pre-Existing Condition Car Accident
PTSD After Car Accident
Scarring Cause by Car Accident
Shoulder Injury from Car Accident
Soft Tissue Injury Car Accident
Subarachnoid Hemorrhage from Car Accident
Tibia Fibula Fracture
Tinnitus Car Accident
Traumatic Brain Injury from Car Accident
Unborn Baby Injured in a Car Accident
Vocal Cord Damage
Whiplash from Car Accident
Categories: Car Accident